Message from the President
Outline of the Hokkaido Research Organization
Scope of services: experiments, research, surveys, technical development, extension and technical support related to various fields:
agriculture, fisheries, forestry, manufacturing, food, environment, geology and architecture; provision of
experimental equipment and facilities
Structure of the HRO
Fundamental principleOur research realizes new dreams for Hokkaido.
The Hokkaido Research Organization proactively endeavors to realize dreams for the future of Hokkaido as an organization that
contributes to improving Hokkaido residents' lives and promoting industries in Hokkaido.
We contribute to the creation of affluence for Hokkaido residents and the conservation of the natural environment through research and technical support leveraging the rich natural surroundings and regional characteristics of Hokkaido.
To expand Hokkaido’s global influence, we aim to become an organization that is trusted by and fulfills the expectations of Hokkaido residents by providing our collective strengths as a research institute that bridges multiple industrial areas and that strives to steadily provide feedback to the local community.
■ Action guidelines
We strictly comply with the ethical code of conduct as researchers and abide by all laws as we strive to create new opportunities and technologies with Hokkaido resident-oriented perspectives, persisting with our aspirations and providing fair and reliable services.
- Organization brochure (PDF)
- Leaflet (PDF)
- list of addresses of the research institutes and the stations (PDF)
Agricultural Research Department
- Central Agricultural Experiment Station
- Kamikawa Agricultural Experiment Station
- Donan Agricultural Experiment Station
- Tokachi Agricultural Experiment Station
- Dairy Research Center
- Kitami Agricultural Experiment Station(PDF)
- Animal Research Center
- Ornamental Plants and Vegetables Research Center
Fisheries Research Department
- Central Fisheries Research Institute
- Hakodate Fisheries Research Institute
- Mariculture Fisheries Research Institutre
- Kushiro Fisheries Research Institute
- Abashiri Fisheries Research Institute
- Wakkanai Fisheries Research Institute
- Salmon and Freshwater Fisheries Reseach Institute
Forest Research Department
Industrial Technology and Environment Research Department
- Industrial Research Institute
- Food Processing Research Center
- Research Institute of Energy,Environment and Geology
Building Research Department
- Northern Regional Building Research Institute
Symbol of the Hokkaido Research Organization
The silhouette represents Hokkaido as a research institute for Hokkaido citizens with a snow crystal symbolizing Hokkaido at the center.
Based on the colors of the Hokkaido flag, dark blue symbolizes the sea and sky of Hokkaido, white expresses splendor and snow, and red indicates an indomitable spirit. The whole shape arranged as two lines pointing in an upper right direction represents the future potential.